Old 11-01-2006, 12:15 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Default QT tank delima new sick fish

Do most people do water changes in Winter? I've been doing them but
less often.

Same. Depends on the weather. Always good to check your WQ before doing a
water change, to make sure there is no ammonia showing. If the fresh water
going in has a higher pH than the pond, it would make the ammonia more
toxic.

As far moving the fish, I agree with Ingrid.

I also agree with checking the pH before moving them and try to slowly
change the QT (within 0.5 pH) before moving them. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website