Old 11-01-2006, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
vincent p. norris

Default Rhododendron advice

Chlorosis can also be caused by nitrogen
toxicity (usually caused by nitrate fertilizers).

I didn't know that! My Brittany often uses a fairly young (30"
high)
rhodie as a urinal. Is that going to provide a dangerous amount of
nitrogen?

The salt in the urine will most likely get it 1st.

Tom J
who has brown lawn patches from the neighbors dogs

Thanks for the response. I am puzzled, however, by the many posts
here about dogs spoiling lawns. This Brittany is my fourth dog, in
the same yard, and I have NEVER in 40 years had a problem with brown
spots from dog urine. All my dogs have been neutered. I don't know if
that's the reason, but I can't think of any other reason, either.

vince norris