Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bigbazza

Default diseased dwarf banana

"SallyRat & Sweetie" wrote in message
. ..
Hi The

I have Googled this and haven't come up with anything useful. I'm told
that my dwarf banana plants are diseased but I haven't found any
descriptions or pictures resembling that which "plagues" my plants. They
are growing great and I didn't think there was a problem. There is not
enough light for them to ever fruit even when I put them outside in the
summer so its not like I'll be eating them. Basically, the stalk is
mottled. Does anyone know of a site that I can look it up on? Should I
destroy them? It is not spreading to anything else.

Many Thanks
Sally

Sally...Have a look at this sight !...I come from Oz
(Sydney..Australia )...I didn't even know that any Bananas could be grown in
a cold climate like yours !

http://www.bananatrees.info/
--
Bigbazza (Barry)..Oz