Old 11-01-2006, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Shrub suggestions please

Chris Hogg wrote:

I have many of these, as you might expect (Trevena Cross nurseries are
just up the road!). I'm very pleased to hear that many will cope
without winter sun. But you've given me a few that I hadn't thought
of, which was what I was hoping for. Many thanks.

I was on the Trevena Cross website yesterday!! I've been successful
with 3 Proteas seeds (outta 8) and they seem to know what they're
talking about. Which make me think about the possibility of growing
Proteas where you both are! Are you?! I'm just about to transplant mine
now but they will off course stay in my veranda as it is far too humid
and damp where I am. I'm so worried I get it wrong ... but it's very
exciting )