Old 11-01-2006, 07:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
cardarch

Default Winter Lawn Problem

I live in Philadelphia PA. Is it normal to have straw-colored lawn
patches on the lawn in the winter? These straw patches dont exist in
the grass Ive sown in the past 3 or 4 years. My lawn needs renewal but
I cannot dig the entire thing up. There are mossy patches around the
edges. Also low patches. I am wondering when to apply pre-emergent
weed killer and fertilizer and new seed and which new seed to use and
if I can erradicate the winter straw colored patches.