Old 11-01-2006, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default not quite a gardening question !

"La Puce" wrote
I use it at work but not for my forums to the exception of one local
Manchester group. I understand now indeed. And this is indeed why I use
google instead. OE is a pain. I do have to go back to see because it's
not 'threaded' as in beta, or turnpike, but one after the other and
indeed if someone like Kathryn doesn't quote the previous post ...
you're lost.

I'm glad I asked coz I thought you were mad .... g

S'alright, the feeling is quite mutual.

OE is fine AFAIC. I've used it without much problem since I got online -
you just have to know its little foibles. It can indeed show threads
properly threaded (view menucurrent viewgroup msgs by conversation),
however even with entire threads laid out on show *you* try and see where a
reply fits in on a busy group when it comes out of the blue without quoted
context or attributions, when there've been say 30 or more other replies in
between and the thread's branched and wandered off the way these things do.
The post probably won't show up directly underneath the one it was replying
to - it could be half way down the screen instead. People can post how they
wish but in those circs it may get ignored by many.

Anyway.. enough already!

--
Sue