Old 11-01-2006, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default not quite a gardening question !

"La Puce" wrote
Yes, so do I. But Outlook Express doesn't do that. Sadly it is not
really meant for chatty chappies like us but for straight simple emails
I'm afarid. On OE you do get the tittle of the subject/thread and the
poster's name but if no quote from previous post you cannot tell to
whom or to what it is in responce of.

I'm sorry but that's just not true. OE is a perfectly usable and functional
newsreader which shows ng threads properly threaded. I've used it for
years. It has the odd foible as with any progam and they can be dealt with.
AFAICS most people who whinge about it either didn't set it up properly, or
can't be bothered to format a post legibly in the first place whatever
software they use!

A responce from Kathryn as it was, was like a little cry in the deepest
night from somewhere far away

It could have been yes, but because the reasons already given, and not a
fault of OE.

--
Sue