Old 11-01-2006, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default not quite a gardening question !

The message . com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

In my newsreader I have a column on the left with all subscribed-to
newsgroups. A star against an entry indicates unread message(s) there.
Highlight it and in the middle column is shown the subjects in the
highlighted group. If any of these is starred, there are unread messages
there. The right-hand column shows the authors, and a star against any
of these indicates 'unread'.
Double-clicking on any item opens it. If you reply, the item window
remains open, but usually underneath the reply.
To look at what has gone before, either there must be quoted text in the
newsitem, or the reply window must be minimised or placed beneath the
newsitem, and one, or a series of them opened until the context is
found.
Janet uses the same system.

Yes, so do I. But Outlook Express doesn't do that. Sadly it is not
really meant for chatty chappies like us but for straight simple emails
I'm afarid. On OE you do get the tittle of the subject/thread and the
poster's name but if no quote from previous post you cannot tell to
whom or to what it is in responce of. A responce from Kathryn as it
was, was like a little cry in the deepest night from somewhere far away

Can't you highlught what you want to quote, then hit 'reply'?

(snip)

We have memory problems, some of us, you know. Is it time for my
Horlicks, Nurse?

I'll bring it with some home made biscuits

Hmmm. My favourites, home-made biccies! Matron makes lovely charcoal
bikkies: you can tell when they're done because the fire brigade comes
to try them out.

and I'll throw in a feet
massage for free if you're not careful!!

Nurse uses a rolling pin, you know.

Got your jiffy package today.
You're a lovely fellow indeed )

Oh good. That was quick - we only have one post, and it leaves about 5 pm.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig