Old 11-01-2006, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Hogg

Default Shrub suggestions please

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:56:43 -0000, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

How about one of the Isoplexis, I. sceptrum would be my first choice as its
spectacular and won't mind the low light levels in winter, but I.
canariensis flowers for a very long time. A plant we have found very wind
tolerant this year has been Fuchsia boliviana (surprising really given the
leaf size) it has not enjoyed the sharp frosts of 27/28th dec and is
presently rather less than evergreen!

Thanks Charlie. I'd thought about Isoplexis, but wasn't sure it would
like the dryness in summer. I germinated some I. Isabelliana seeds
from Chiltern last year. Came up like M&C, and promptly all damped off
before I could save them :-( Rather smaller than the other two types.

I don't know F. boliviana; I'll look it up.

--
Chris