Old 12-01-2006, 10:18 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default Pruning kangaroo paws

In article .com,
wrote:

Also I have a number of ficus plants which I'm planning to get rid of
and replace them with native plants. The garden area is along the
colorbond fence line and it is in full sun for most of the day (fence
line is west to east). Any plant suggestions? I liked to have waratahs
but hear they are hard to grow in WA.

They probably wouldn't like such a sunny/dry position or the alkaline soil of
Perth. Maybe you could get some of those lovely Banksia coccinea? It has a
rounded red flower, at least. They would look pretty good with proteas, I
think.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.