Old 12-01-2006, 10:22 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default Cow manure

In article ,
"Bob Saccamano" wrote:

Not really growing well. I live in a sandy area in Sydney, and since the
drought, my soil has become severely water repellent. I've tried "wetta
soil" but is was useless. So I added some manure to help things out but I
don;t think it was helped at all. Soil is now crusty and still water
repellant.

I think it sounds like too much poo and sand and not enough coarse fibrous
stuff. Try adding some vegetable matter -- composted lawn clippings, shredded
stuff, old straw or hay.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.