Old 21-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Barry & Iris McCanna

Default robins in the garden

"Jack" wrote in message
A robin in my garden hops around with me when I'm digging, only a

foot away
from me, grabbing the insects that I disturb. It's amazing how the

robin
seems to be so unafraid at being so close.

When I lived in Co. Kerry, we had a very friendly robin, who would
take food from my hand. So I became chief worm finder! We also
had a dear little blue tit with one leg, who would come to the window
several times a day to be handed peanuts. Not a bird, but one of
the greatest experiences, was when on holiday in the Loire Valley, I
managed to get a little lizard to feed from my hand. It took days of
encouragement but then I had to constantly pick insects off the
lavender and hold them ready! Have photos of this experience and
also the robin in Ireland - wonderful.

Iris McCanna