Old 12-01-2006, 07:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lenny

Default Pine Wood Chips

I have recently had a tree tradegy in my yard. All of my beautiful
Loblolly pines were infested with the dreaded pine bark beetle and were
removed. I now have the largest pile of pine wood chips you can
imagine. I intend to spread them across the bare ground and let them
decompose over time, but would like to use some as a mulch. I know they
will rob the surrounding earth of nitrogen, but what type of plants
will this affect and by how much?

I will now set to planting at least as many trees as were removed. My
back already hurts ;-)

Len