Old 12-01-2006, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default not quite a gardening question !

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote
The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:
10/10 for perseverance. Can you now explain to La puce the differences
between Linux and Windows so she can tell which one she is using (at
work or home)

Well AFAIA(WIVF) the former is an open source OS mostly preferred by
computer-savvy geeky persons, and the latter um... isn't.

The first indicator is the 'Crash Co-efficient', or the frequency of the
BSOD.

Hah! A myth I refuse to believe.

I've always used Windows, seeing as those computer-savvy geeky genes
required to fathom the mysteries of Linux have passed me by and been
inherited by Absent Offspring. I've still only ever had one of those BS
thingies and that was really my own fault.

I suppose I ought to cross fingers at this point...

--
Sue