Old 12-01-2006, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Craddock

Default Hormone rooting powder - sell by date??

"Rupert" wrote in message
..
I suppose it depends what the formulation contains.
Normal stuff contains Indolebutyric acid and /or Naphthylacetic acid
with other bits and pieces such as fungicide in a talc powder
carrier.
These ingredients are stable indefinitely (as a solid) if stored
away from light.

But not in the presence of water. If you've dipped the cuttings in the
tub then you are storing damp material. Just take out a tiny bit to
use now and close the container. Having said that I never need it
anyway.
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.