Old 12-01-2006, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default not quite a gardening question !

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

I've seen another rat in the garden. The other day I was quietly
weeding away when just from the corner of my eye I saw something rusty
moving on the ground about 3 m away.

Oy! I represent that remark. (And you must have pretty good eyesight to
see even me moving on the ground three miles away...)

For a wonderful moment I thought it
was the red squirrel getting tame, so very slowly turned my head , and
there was a rat taking a leisurely stroll towards me. It was a much
darker rat than the two-tone cream bellied one seen raiding the trellis
birdfeeder a few weeks ago.

Wearing camou' or make-up, perhaps?

Some years ago I was leaning on one of my field gates chewing a straw,
as one does, with the gun beside me, when a hare approached in a
leisurely fashion down the hedge. I stood there and watched him, and
when he got to a place where I could have picked up the gun and prodded
him, I said: "Hello, Hare!"

Surprised, he turned his head a bit sideways (hares can't see dead
ahead, one hears) and zig-zagged off across the field He could have
stopped and had a chat 'cos the big jug was full of milk.,

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig