Old 21-02-2003, 03:41 PM
Sacha

Default Sarcococca again

(Pete The Gardener) wrote in message ...
On 20 Feb 2003 06:45:59 -0800,
(Sacha)
wrote:

Very kind of you, Pam ;-) But one of the reasons we keep our prices
low is that we really do only sell plants and the odd terracotta pot
or bird table. We don't do pots of jam, racks and racks of cards,
veg., plastic windmills etc. etc.

TBH I never noticed the 'shop' part of the nursery when I was there.
Mind you in November there wasn't all that much activity generally :-)

The only 'shop' is a rather ancient till on the large table in the big
double greenhouse! Everyone trollies their stuff into there and we
add it up on notepads, fingers, toes and sometimes in desperation, a
calculator. No computerised, stock-taking tills for us! ;-)

snip
In March
and April when he's making up hanging baskets, Matthew's working day
starts at around 7.30am and ends when the light fades!

Ah! definately a wuss then;-) When I was a lad..............

He's too big for me to tell him he's a wuss........ ;-))
--
Sacha