Old 13-01-2006, 08:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Tihomir

Default bamboo problem

About digging a clump for a pot: you just need stronger tools (not sure
about english words for such a sutff), chain saw perhaps?

Or ask professionals for help.

Tihomir

"Travis M." wrote in message
"dflux" wrote in message

Ive recently inherited a garden , I would like to start planting
in a plot and tame the bamboo in that area.

The veriety I have in very invasive and with it being a small garden
taking up far too much room

I would like to dig a clump up for a large pot and destroy the rest

I have tried using a weed killer to no avail.

The plot is impossible to dig as the roots are so strong

Any advice will be greatfully recieved

Kind regards

Donna

If you cut down all the culms and then cut off each new shoot as they
emerge from the ground eventually the energy stored in the rhizomes will
be depleted and the boo will be gone. It might take a long time for the
rhizomes to decompose.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5