Old 13-01-2006, 09:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
Justin Thyme

Default Propagating vivax

I have a Phyllostachys vivax huangwenzhu which I planted from a 10 litre pot
two years ago in NW England. I removed a loose rhizome with culm at the same
time and potted it . Both plants are doing well.

I want to create some more plants by the same method. Could any one advise
when is the best time to remove running rhizomes if I want them in some
quantity to make a screen? Should I take them them this year as they appear,
or leave it another year until the runners might be more abundant?

Which method would produce the screen most rapidly?

Justin