Old 13-01-2006, 11:19 AM posted to aus.gardens,melb.general
Matt Pearce

Default Fence questions [X-posted]

Staycalm wrote:

What happens when/if a neighbour doesn't want to/can't pay their share? Can
you still go ahead with a fence if you pay for it yourself?

I would assume that there objection would be cost related only, if you
ask them they may be more than willing to have a new fence errected,
however they may not be able to afford it. I would say there would be
no problem errecting a fence wholey paid for by yourself but check with
your local council as they will definately be able to tell you where you
stand.

Also to save money we will be demolishing the old ones ourselves as they are
practically falling down. Is there a logical way to take them apart other
than paling by paling?

When we had ours removed they cut the cross members off at the post with
a chainsaw and carried the whole sections to the trailer. To remove the
posts the used a 4WD high lift jack. The put the lifting section of the
jack in the cutout where the cross member was and just jacked it up. I
was suprised at the simplicity and ease of it.

HTH

Matt.