Old 13-01-2006, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Hormone rooting powder - sell by date??

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:

Stick to computing your Khemistry is not good enough:-)

Inorganic bit
The composition of fizzy stomach cure things works on the fact that the
solution is alkaline and neutralises stomach acidity.
The citic/bicarbonate mix contains excess bicarbonate hence the resultant
drink is alkaline and does its work.

And how does this differ from what I wrote?

Organic bit
Under normal conditions (but excluding light) the hormone rooting
mixture we
are discussing will last indefinately even in the presence of hydrared
magnesium silicate. The only ingredient that may cause problems is any
fungicide in the mix (I have no knowledge of that)

Why does it carry a 'use by' date?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig