Old 13-01-2006, 08:20 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

Default Compost bin suggestions

On 13 Jan 2006 07:21:27 -0800, "Diggin' it!!!"
wrote:

All,

I want to set aside a portion of my small yard for a compost pile. My
father-in-law simply started a heap on the back part of his property
and lets it expand as necessary. However, since I do not have much yard
space, I am looking for ideas on how to create a relatively compact
compostpile that can be secured so my dog and toddler do not distrub
the pile.

Any suggestions? The cheaper the better since I have a set of twins on
the way and diapers are eating away at the paychecks.

Thanks!

Congratulations on the coming Great Event.

diapers, I guess this isn't any of my beeswax, but how about just
using cloth diapers and laundering them? That's how I did, and that
was abroad, with a helper but without a washing machine or recourse to
a laundromat.

Today, with a washing machine, should be no pain no strain. Just
flush the, er, solid matter in the toilet, rinsediaper lightly,
deposit in pail of soapy water, and do a batch daily in washer. ily.

Suggestion is because (a) keeps ENORMOUS QUANTITIES of throwaway
diapers out of the landfill and (b) much easier on your paychecks.

HTH

--

Persephone