Old 21-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Gary Woods

Default 'Shedheads'

eddy wrote:

With hundreds of digital TV channels, all desperate to fill their
schedules, is it any wonder that the airwaves are once again crammed
with public information films?

My very favorite, which my (former) employer used to drop into the schedule
whenever there were a few minutes unaccounted for, was "Potatoland,"
featuring "Miss Maine Potato of, I think, 1958" describing how potatoes
were grown, including the herbicide that's sprayed to kill off the foliage
a little early!

A local radio type lampooned those home improvement shows as:
"This is Bob Condo, telling you that you with your limited skills and
finances can do the same job as my crew with the best craftsmen in town and
all the time and money in the world. Which proves that P.T. Barnum was
right."

Heck, knocking together a half-dozen wood frames for some seed cleaning
screens is about the limit of my ability.

My shed was bought in panelized form; I had to handle the erection myself.

#end cabinFever rant.