Old 13-01-2006, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge

Default Hedges

The message k
from "Fads" contains these words:

Hello,

newbie gardener here,

I'm after some advice on growing a hedge to around 5-6 foot high, to give
privacy in my garden,

Which variety would be best for speed of growth? and how do is go about
growing hedges?

Sorry if the info is vague but as is said I'm a newbie!

Things which are quick-growing will soon outgrow your enthusiasm for them.

I'd suggest holly, and a little patience. It doesn't grow like a rocket,
but it's not overly slow, either.

It will provide cover for wildlife, and winter food. You can get red,
yellow, and IIRC, white berried carieties, as well as ones with
varigated leaves.

--
Rusty
Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters.