Old 14-01-2006, 01:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Hormone rooting powder - sell by date??

The message
from "Rupert" contains these words:
wrote in message
In message , Rusty
Hinge 2
writes

In the late 1990s we were still eating jam my mother made in the '60s.

A far cry from the "refrigerate once opened" nonsense sold by today's
supermarkets.

-- Kay

Shush don't educate everyone. I save a fortune buying near expiry
goods from
the local supermarkets and agree with my neighbours that once it's
gone past
the sell by date they should clear their cupboards and give the offending
goods to me for safe disposal.

Seconded.

I picked up a couple of black puddings - the whole horseshoe wossnames -
in a supermarket some time ago - marked down to 10p each.

I got to the checkout about a minute past midnight and they wouldn't
sell them to me: they were past their sell-by date, and that was it.. So
I offered to dispose of them without charge to save them the trouble,
but they weren't having any of it.

And nor was I. Sniff!

--
Rusty