Old 14-01-2006, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

Default Allotment Layout

"PammyT" wrote in message

"cliff_the_gardener" wrote in message
ups.com...
I would go along with La Puce on this, block planting is easier,
especially when you think of the time leeks are in the ground. There
could still be some in the ground when you want to start setting your
spuds out!
Regards

Alternatively carry on with the rows and plant your spuds in piles of old
car tyres. Saves loads of space and is easy on the back too. I would never
grow spuds in the ground again. Mind at £1.50 for a sack in the produce
auction locally I won't bother growing them at all.It's easier for me to
just buy a sack.

But the earlies are much more expensive and do not taste the same as fresh
dug from the garden.

Alan