Old 14-01-2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone

Default Compost bin suggestions

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 07:55:52 GMT, "Travis M."
wrote:

Persephone wrote in message

On 13 Jan 2006 07:21:27 -0800, "Diggin' it!!!"
wrote:

All,

I want to set aside a portion of my small yard for a compost
pile. My father-in-law simply started a heap on the back part
of
his property and lets it expand as necessary. However, since
I do
not have much yard space, I am looking for ideas on how to
create
a relatively compact compostpile that can be secured so my
dog
and toddler do not distrub the pile.

Any suggestions? The cheaper the better since I have a set of
twins on the way and diapers are eating away at the
paychecks.

Thanks!

Congratulations on the coming Great Event.

diapers, I guess this isn't any of my beeswax, but how
about
just using cloth diapers and laundering them? That's how I
did,
and that was abroad, with a helper but without a washing
machine or
recourse to a laundromat.

Today, with a washing machine, should be no pain no strain.
Just
flush the, er, solid matter in the toilet, rinsediaper
lightly,
deposit in pail of soapy water, and do a batch daily in washer.
ily.

Suggestion is because (a) keeps ENORMOUS QUANTITIES of
throwaway
diapers out of the landfill and (b) much easier on your
paychecks.

HTH

How about not having children one can't afford.

Nominated for non sequitur of the millennium.

Persephone

--

Several excuses are always
less convincing than one