Old 14-01-2006, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dan J.S.

Default lighting question

I am about to acquire hundreds of plants from a fish tank that was placed
next to a window - so needless to say the plants are extremely nice (the
tank was left alone for two years without water change - all the owner did
is add water and feed the fish once a week - he had some african cichlids in
there still living- running two eheim filters). They will be going into a
fishtank located in a basement, away from natural lighting. I am looking at
bigalsonline.com and trying to figure out what can I buy for under $500 that
will keep these plants going (my tank is 55 gallon). Most are java based so
I understand they dont need that much light, but I want to upgrade my
current flourescent solution. Any help would be great!!