Old 14-01-2006, 06:04 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.animals
Leif Erikson

Default RIP Tony Banks.

Derek wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:35:10 -0700, Glorfindel wrote:

Derek wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 08:46:35 -0700, Glorfindel wrote:

Why do you help him anyway?

How is putting reasonable doubt into his mind over
something he felt so certain over, helping him, you
idiot?

I wasn't referring just to that.

Well, that's exactly all I was doing here.

snip

He has never said a kind -- or even
vaguely civil -- word to, or about, you, ever.

And what makes him different from everyone else I
know? If I stopped talking to everyone who hates
me, I wouldn't have anyone to talk to.

It's unfortunate you feel that way.

Of course I don't. What I'm trying to say is that I find
nothing wrong in getting on with people who sometimes
lose their rag with me. I'm currently offering to help him
fix the ABS on his bike,

And thanks for your help! Current status: I tried to
jam the loose sensor cable more firmly back into the
sensor housing yesterday, and rode the motorcycle to
work (about 25 miles) and back without the ABS lights
flashing. I'm pretty well convinced it's the problem.
I should still probably remove, repair and replace
the connection, as it undoubtedly will work loose again.

but I'd be damned before I let
him whip me in an argument I might raise with him
without a good fight.

There are certainly
more pleasant and reasonable people to talk to. I, for
one, don't hate you, and there are others who also do
not.

If you don't hate or ignore me for the things I've said and
done to you, how can you criticise me for not hating or
ignoring Jon for the things he's said and done to me? Our
issue was far more serious than just the name-calling and
abuse I get from Jon, and yet you say you don't hate me.
Why can you not see that I don't hate Jon for an even
lesser assault? I'm sorry, but I don't see what you're
getting at this time.

He has cynically
used you as his cat's-paw to avoid dirtying his hands directly
with things you *know* are wrong.

You'll have to expand on that.

You know.

No, sorry, I don't. He's a chicken hawk and no mistake, but
he's never been able to make a recruit out of me, despite
his efforts.

snip

You are better than that. Stand up and be a man, Derek.