Old 14-01-2006, 06:44 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.politics.animals
Derek

Default RIP Tony Banks.

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:04:10 GMT, Leif Erikson wrote:

Derek wrote:

I'm currently offering to help him fix the ABS on his bike,

And thanks for your help! Current status: I tried to
jam the loose sensor cable more firmly back into the
sensor housing yesterday, and rode the motorcycle to
work (about 25 miles) and back without the ABS lights
flashing. I'm pretty well convinced it's the problem.
I should still probably remove, repair and replace
the connection, as it undoubtedly will work loose again.

That would be the best but most expensive way of doing
it. Try to tighten the female side of the connector, clean
it out with some WD40, dry it and insulate it with some
good electrician's tape. Heat-shrink tubing would be better
if you've got something hotter than a hair dryer to shrink
it with once it's in place.