Old 14-01-2006, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Hedges

On 14/1/06 16:32, in article , "Jim Lesurf"
wrote:

snip

The above is part of a wider plan. Over the last few years I've planted a
selection of roses along the brick wall at the end of our garden. The idea
now is to plant a variety of holly bushes in between some of the roses,
partly to give some colour during the winter, and partly to combine with
the roses to eventually deter any kids from climbing over the wall.

Since I intend to experiment with various types - anyone comments on which
ones tend to grow swiftly, and which more slowly?

I think I'd be inclined to look into the feeding requirements of the two
combined. IOW, how much nourishment will you need to introduce into the
soil to satisfy both.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk