Old 15-01-2006, 03:09 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
zoomer

Default question about mimosa

"just me" wrote in message

"Beano" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't know what kind of mimosa it is, but in my country, Mimosa is a
weed. And as far as I've seen, weeds don't ever stop growing... ever...

:-)

Thanks for the encouragement! My tree, when grown normally, would look
like
this when in bloom:

http://almostedenplants.com/mall/wpe93.jpg

The proper name is Albizia julibrissin `Rosea. In natural habitat in the
southeastern US it grows up to 30' tall and is fast growing. Does that
make
it like a weed VEG?

-Aula

I missed the original post. But here in southern california I have a mimosa
like the wpe93.jpg picture growing in my back yard. It has achieve almost
twenty twenty feet in hieght and about the same in crown width. It is a fast
grower and has met my expectations two years earlier than planned as far as
canopy width. I think that it could be a good bonsai ( I am no expert here)
and prabably would achieve good effect in a short amount of time. They tend
to be multiple stemed and cast sort of a delicate nice shadow in the sun.