Old 15-01-2006, 02:40 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Default Fence questions [X-posted]

Spiny Norman wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:53:12 +1100, "Staycalm"
wrote in aus.gardens:

We are planning on having our boundary fences replaced soon as they are
quite deteriorated. We are surrounded on two sides by pensioners and on the
other by a rental. I am currently putting together the quotes and writing up
letters to go to everyone concerned.

What happens when/if a neighbour doesn't want to/can't pay their share? Can
you still go ahead with a fence if you pay for it yourself?

Also to save money we will be demolishing the old ones ourselves as they are
practically falling down. Is there a logical way to take them apart other
than paling by paling?

Thanks for any advice in advance,
Liz

You had replies which cover most aspects BUT whatever you agree get
that agreement in writing and signed before you start building a fence
- a signed letter will do. but detail the type of fence who will build
it, who will pay and how much and anything else you think relevant.

Memories are not the most perfect thing something in writing stops a
lot of disputes after the event.

Regards
Prickles

Timendi causa est nescire
This message only uses recycled electrons

The fencer who quotes will usually quote and get agreements when its
decided who wants what. They'll also advise as a rule. You only pay your
pay for your own side as agreed. He collects from the other party. If
there is one party wanting a super fence, he pays the difference between
a normal fence, and the super fence. But if other party doesnt want
this, for aesthetic reasons, you may have a fight on your hands... The
fencer will usually know the legal stuff from past experience.