Old 15-01-2006, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default HAIR ALGAE TREATMENT

In article .com,
Norm wrote:
I just got through dipping some Anubias, Crypts, amd Java fern in a
1:19 bleach solution at 2 minutes per treatment, roots and all. The
plants were rinsed in tap water and then left to soak in water that had
a surplus of dechlorination chemical.

The hair algae on the leaves seems paler now. But when will it be safe
for the fish to return these plants to the aquarium? I can't seem to
pull the algae off the leaves and I guess I may lose some of these
plants or much of their leaves. That will not be much of a loss as the
amount of algae on them was excessive.

The bleach thing never really worked well. Proper fertilization
and water changes are all you need. Flourish excel will speed up
the algae decline.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net