Old 15-01-2006, 01:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Default Apple spraying?

You have to spray them prior to bloom, during bloom, and each week after
bloom for a couple of months. If I understand that right, that is just for
the worm that goes to the core. Then you have apple maggots that come later
and probably something else.

You can also put traps in your trees to get a lot of them. Some have a
sweet liquid to draw the bugs in and then they drown. Another is covered
with sticky stuff and when the bugs get on it, then they cant get off.

Gardens Alive has a good line of stuff for sale. I have bought from them
but cant vouch for everything they have.

I get apples and pears from trees that have not been sprayed and cut out the
worms.

Dwayne

"Ron H" wrote in message
OK, It's a moderately nice January day and I finished pruning the apple
trees. Looks like it's going to be a great year for apples but I need to
know the what, when, where, and how much of spraying apples trees to fend
off both predator and disease!

Any advice, references, etc???

Ron H.
West Central Wisconsin