Old 22-02-2003, 12:22 PM
Roger Van Loon

Default American frost zones

Pete The Gardener wrote:

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:39:43 GMT, "Anne Middleton/Harold Walker"
wrote:

"Nick Maclaren"
"Nick Maclaren" wrote in .
And the USDA zones are a damn-fool idea anyway, as they measure

///////////////// to repeat Nick, it is a useful tool but not the only one.

I don't find it to be much use, according to the USDA Zones I'm in
zone 10/11 here in London, but there are very few plants from these
zones that are worth trying.
--
Pete The Gardener

Hi Pete,
There must be some misunderstanding here.
Where did you get that info? IMHO, London is Z8/Z9:
http://www2.dicom.se/fuchsias/eurozoner.html
I think not even a sheltered garden in the center of Londen would be
Z11. That zone would mean, essentially: no frost at any moment, the
whole year through.
So I'm not at all surprised Z10/Z11 plants are not happy outside,
where you are...
Regards,
Roger.