Old 16-01-2006, 02:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Bonsai trees

The message
from Christopher Norton contains these words:

I have a bonsai elder which has survived two years indoors. It will
probably go out in the spring, though.

But Rusty, you have to admit you`ve a rather good set of green fingers.
And elder are much less fussy than the serissa usually sold as Bonsai.

Yes, I really must give them a scrub sometime, *AND* stop picking my
nose. Andbut I was referring to the statement that there are no British
trees suitable for all-year indoor bonsai. I would agree though, that
very few are suited to it, but as my house is not centrally heated, I
suppose you could hardly class it as indoors?

BTW, would you like some seeds of sweet tamarind - I think they are a
different variety from the ones you had before.

Worst one I have ever seen is a privet sold in B & Q. Completely ill
equipped to live in the store let alone in a house!!!!

Privet? Hmmmm. I wonder how good leylandii would be for a bonsai tree?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig