Old 16-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Jimbob Jimbob is offline
Registered User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxman
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:57:34 -0000, stevej wrote:

Hi

I have just got a few of these bulbs, please could somebody advise me about
planting these in northern UK. Such as can I start them in a unheated
greenhouse soon ?

I have loads of them in my garden. You might as well put them straight
into the garden. They are dormant now. They make leaf in the spring and
throughout the summer and flower on long stalks in October/November.

They like a sunny spot and will need dividing every few years.
I also have them in my garden (North Nottinghamshire) they do just fine, however, they do not like to be planted to deep, I can see the top of the bulb just above the soil.