Old 22-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Dave

Default Looking for some tree suggestions...

Hello,

I'd be the first to admit I know nothing about gardening, hence my question.
I have a mid-sized rectangle garden with a new house being developed behind
it. Some of the rooms in the new house will overlook our garden and bedrooms
so I would like to put up a screen of one to three trees in the corner of my
garden to give us some shelter. Ideally, they should be tall and thin, give
us privacy all year round but more so in the summer, easy to maintain and be
about 15 meters tall.

I'd quite like them to be 'elegant' rather than something plain.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what I fits that description. The
soil is well drained and the position is full-sunlight, south facing in the
south of England.

Many thanks,
David.