Old 16-01-2006, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Your favourite gardens?

On 16/1/06 4:49 pm, in article ,
"Janet Baraclough" wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

I've just sent for two of Sawday's
books so that we can plan our hols in relative comfort, too. The general
plan is to go as the whim takes us and using mobiles, ring ahead to reserve
a room each night. We don't want to be tied to specific schedules.

We used to do that, but BB touring has become so incredibly popular,
last-minute is no longer a good way to be sure of finding somewhere
"relatively comfortable" and I now always pre-book at least a couple of
days in advance; longer for weekends. Many of the BB's, guesthouses and
hotels on busy tourist routes (which yours is, or in good-quality guides
like Sawday) may not have any vacancies left for same-day bookings, and
don't take any single-night bookings at all for weekends in high season.

Oh dear - thud goes that idea! We've done that a few times in France using
the Guide Michelin or similar and always been lucky. I had hoped.....
Right, so we'll have to think ahead a bit and plan ditto. I think what
we'll try to do is build in a few places where we stay for more than one
night so that it doesn't all just turn into a "this is Tuesday, it must be
Bodnant" sort of thing.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk