Old 16-01-2006, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dwayne

Default starting a briggs + stratton choke engine

You might put some fuel /oil in the cylinder first if it has been setting
for a long time, but don't overdo it. Next I would pull the choke all the
way out and the throttle 1/2 - 3/4 the way out. Then I would crank the
engine 2 times. Then push the choke back in and try to start if. If it
doesn't start pretty soon, I would replace the spark plug (if the rotavator
was used rather than new).

Dwayne

"Connor T" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

i've just gained a rotavator with a briggs and stratton engine, which
has a choke and a throttle.

How should it be started? I havent got the knack of it yet! Choke out
presumably, throttle full? half?

Someone recommended putting a bit of fuel in the cylinder with some oil
and turning slowly to get it all lubed up first..

Thanks!
Dan