Old 17-01-2006, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default Small pond question...

In article , Koi-lo Do Not Reply wrote:
The lack of SUNLIGHT is her/his biggest problem, not the cold.

Oh, well then: Aroids. They pretty much all like it wet and shaded.

But which ones? I think she needs to do a good search on the net for what
she needs.

Not sure how well an anthurium would do outdoors right now though.

I believe they're tropical.

Mine have survived a mild frost. C. albida yet, which is otherwise deilcate.

Crypts do ok in colder weather, some hostas will.

Hostas will not grow in water. They like damp soil but not waterlogged
soil.

Mine grow on a waterlooged riverbank here.

I can't think of one hardy shade (pond) plant that will grow in the
dense shade the OP is dealing with.

Spathiphyllum. Anthurium shold be ok too. All thrive in dense shace and moist
soil modulo some reasonable temerature. Anubias would work too.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net