Old 17-01-2006, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default HAIR ALGAE TREATMENT - black soot algae

Can't say I know what you mean by black soot algae. Got a pic?
No. I get too much glare from the glass at any angle to get a decent pic of

Have you tried holdig the camera upside down or roated 90 degrees clockwise
and/or counterclockwise? I've found that works pretty good for reducing
glare on digicam closeups.

this algae. It's a powdery looking black coating on the glass and lower
parts of the plants. It looks like the black soot that you see on fireplace
walls or chimneys. Similar to what grows in the darkness of toilet tanks.

Could be the beginnings of staghorn algae.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net