Old 17-01-2006, 09:09 AM
jay jay jay jay is offline
Registered User

Location: south west france

[quote=chris French]In message , djhughes
writes[color=blue]

p.mc Wrote:[color=green]
I find black sunflower seeds are fantastic, I buy it by the sackfull
from my
local pet shop, I also had a slow start, but as Phil said they need to
pluck
up the courage first.

--

Regards
p.mc

I find robins will feed from the fat balls ('boules' as they are called here in France) if they are firmly tied to a tree branch, its just that they don't like hanging from them. Also, thoroughly spoilt as they all are, I put out on the terrace some crushed walnuts each day (not though during the breeding season), - there are loads of walnut trees in our area - which they all seem to love: chaffinches, nuthatches (naturally), robins (who wait their turn) and lots of tits) I'm going to try the black sunflower seeds aswell.

jay jay