Old 17-01-2006, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Your favourite gardens?

On 16/1/06 13:01, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

We hope to sort of drive up the
west of England, into Scotland and come back down the east but that's
over-simplifying to quite a degree! Any more thoughts that occur will be
most welcome.

Up the west of England to Scotland takes you (almost) past Larch
Cottage Nurseries, about 4 miles off the motorway just south of Penrith.
The essential lunch-stop detour (both directions) whenever we head
south. The owner ( great plantsman and craftsman in stone, stainedglass)
has recreated a vast ruined monastery in Italy. Home-cooked food on the
roofed balcony overlooking the gardens (listening to opera), tour of
gardens, huge nursery, new art gallery.

www.visitcumbria.com/pen/larch.htm (good pics)
www.larchcottagenurseries.com/ (the website proper)

WOW! That's a definite must do! Fascinating looking place and not far (I
think) from Milnthorpe where we hope to visit a friend's children.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk