Old 17-01-2006, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default starting a briggs + stratton choke engine

Connor T wrote:
Try, http://www.briggsandstratton.com/

There is a section there on where to find the model number and

what
the numbers mean, download the manual as well.

Thanks, problem is i can't find the model number on the engine,
there's no number on it anywhere.

As for the other post - i was warned it would only run on leaded

fuel,
which is what it has in it at the moment. I guess when i need to

get
some more fuel i'll have to find somewhere which still does LRP.

No problem: next time you have it serviced, the mechanic can probably
adjust it to run on unleaded. Now is a good time for a service, of
course, before the rush. He'll also probably tell you what model it
is.

But if it's got leaded juice in there, it's certainly gone stale;
that alone could account for your starting problem. I'd get it
serviced, and pick the bloke's brains at the same time.

--
Mike.