Old 23-02-2003, 06:59 AM
Alan Gould

Default B&Q again

In article , Pam Moore
writes
I looked at the little individual plug plants in our big B&Q warehouse
today. 50p each (same as last year) and not bad for bringing on if
you only want a few. BUT a lot today were drooping and the soil was
very dry. I told the nearest staff member and he said "We've had a
lot of trouble with our plants" (!) I said "Well you'll have more
trouble if these don't get watered soon" so he said he'd go and see
about it! Needless to say I did not buy any.

We recently saw some very sad looking trays of pansies and primulae at a
large supermarket. We bought loads of them as a job lot for almost
nothing. Joan gave them a good drink and a couple of days on our patio
to harden off. Now they are planted and looking bright and perky around
our garden. As gardeners, we feel very good about having rescued them,
and even better about having got them very cheaply.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.