Old 18-01-2006, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

Default Persuading the birds to eat the food I put out...

"Fiona Byrne" wrote in message

Wrote:
In message
, chris French
writes
I mostly use sunflower kernels now, so much less mess than those with
the shells, last a bit longer in the feeder.

CJ warn that the feed doesn't flow so well in the feeder and is
satisfactory only where you have a high turnover. Have you found this
be a problem in practice?

--
Kay

when the food dosen't get eaten too quickly from my feeders I put some
dried meal worms etc. in this encourages a wider range of birds to
feed, especially robins and wrens. the food soon gets eaten, so prehaps
you could change the food mix.

Fiona

Why is it a problem if birds do not eat food put out for them? Isn't that
perhaps an indication that there is sufficient natural food available for
them, which, if so, surely has to be a good thing? Unless it's my fruit or
seedlings they're after, of course :-)