Old 18-01-2006, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

Default Design student working on garden product idea

The message

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

No, no...it's coming to me now.. each garden tool is programmed with
its own phone number. When the spade gets lost, you just call it from
your mobile phone, and make it ring......

It will shortly be mandatory (seriously), but it will be used to
track what you are doing, as evidence for locking you up on
unspecified charges and for targeting your home with huge amounts
of spam selling even gimmickier gardening tat.

Yes, I really DO mean that all items will come with an active RFID
tag, which is effectively the same technology. You have been warned,
so please call me Emmanuel Goldstein.

Have you seen google earth? In Central Park, you can see individual
people. On Arran, the resolution from the satellite camera is still
pretty poor so you can't actually distinguish our house. However, John
zoomed in on Glasgow where the resolution was so good he could not only
see his work building, but his office window, and his vehicle in the car
park. Big Brother is already with us.

Yesterday, a friend was showing me her new superduper juicer (made in
Korea, with an American accent), which actually speaks aloud as you
operate it. "I have a fibre blockage and need to reverse. Press my red
button now."

Janet.