Old 18-01-2006, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lettuce Pray

Default Flowers amongst my veggies

This year I would like to grow some flowers amongst my veggies with two
aims in mind. I want the garden to have more colour and I would like to
attract insects that will prey on my garden pests ( at least a little).
I know nothing about what I should grow, but I will give you details of
where I am and what type of veggies I intend to grow.
I am in SE Scotland in a walled garden that has a good depth of free
draining soil. I will be growing potatoes, lettuce, cabbage, carrots,
spring onions, beans, peas, spinach, rasps, strawbs, plums, apples.
Also tomatoes and chillies in the greenhouse, along with basil.
Any suggestions as to what flowers I should grow, where in the garden,
when sown etc would be very happily received. The easier to grow and
the less attention they need the better:-)
Thanks
Jonny